Use this helpful infographic to ensure your flexible work policy and processes are in line with the upcoming Secure Jobs, Better Pay Bill legislative changes.
There are plenty of legislative changes for HR to get across this year, following the implementation of the Secure Jobs, Better Pay Bill late last year. You can read up on many of the changes here.
One such change is around employers’ obligations when it comes to employees’ flexible work requests. Starting in June 2023, new measures introduced by the Bill will make it harder for employers to refuse flexible work requests.
Since employees will soon have the right to take a rejected flexible work request to the FWC for arbitration, now is a good time to consider how you can redesign your policies to protect your organisation.
The infographic below shares a few things that HR should keep in mind when designing a flexible work policy.
Infographic: The Dos and Don’t of a flexible work policy
Interested in learning more about the upcoming Secure Work, Better Pay Bill changes? Here are some helpful resources:
- AHRI members can get access to an on-demand webinar with three legal experts unpacking what you need to know about the legislative changes. Keep an eye out in your member dashboards later this week. View all upcoming webinars here.
- Read HRM’s article outlining how the Bill will change flexible work requests.
- Read HRM’s article about the three new protected attributes added to the Fair Work Act.
- Read HRM’s case study about the FWC deeming an employers refusal of a flexible work request to be unfair.
- Read HRM’s article about changes to incorporate into your employment contracts.
- View the Bill’s details on the Fair Work Ombudsman’s website.